Monday, February 20, 2012

On the wall









I Recently purchased Chuck Close's 'Cindy' for my stairwell which is has gotten a coat of bright white paint and new cork floors. Better Wall is a website that offers large and sometimes giant Museum banners from some of the best shows and museums around the world.

The large display banners are almost indestructible, are in excellent condition, ship for free, come with free hanging hardware that "floats" the banner away from the wall and partial proceeds return to the museums for future exhibitions.

Some of my favorites above: Chuck Close- Cindy ~ Greene and Greene- Chair
Martin Puryear (whom I have had the pleasure of hearing speak) ~ Etienne Meneau Carafe No. 5

and if I had an industrial studio space for vintage
I would get one of these:

Fashioning Fashion: Robe à L'anglaise - or - Yves Saint Laurent Feather Dress

The website offers mockups of the banners in a home setting as well
All Images via Betterwall 
 

1 comment: