Friday, August 7, 2009

Etsy Friends

When I became an a seller on Etsy, my first overseas convo was from a shop called Italian Postcards. She wanted a quote for a plate in my shop for shipping to Italy...and while that plate was eventually sold to someone else, the convos have continued and the friendship has grown.

Somewhere along the way Chelsea and I figured out that her family, her American family, live just 30 minutes away from me in the States....AND her sister and brother in law had their wedding reception dinner at my restaurant! Wow!

So a few weeks ago you can imagine what happened. Chelsea e-mailed me to let me know that she was going to be nearby for the weekend, and so we planned to meet, thrift, eat, thrift,talk...you get the idea.



What a great start to the weekend!


Right away, Chelsea finds the goods...and below, things we saw but did not buy.

Mid-century Modern Table

A pair of Altar Chairs

A brass Wine rack

A really cool office chair

Copper topped canisters

We are not quite sure what this was...why peaches or apricots, maybe faded out coffee beans?

Lots of wooden bowls

and cross stitch...


Glass and brass boxes


A crazy wooden candelabra and a letter organizer


Here we are at the end of our day! We did find some great things for our shops and Chelsea found a wonderful cream Samsonite train case in excellent condition, but I think she is going to keep it for herself!

She has promised that if I come to Italy she will take me to the outdo0r markets for some old world thrifting!

Another sign I saw at the stores said "Friends are the family you choose"..
I am going now to add Italian Postcards to my etsy family.
Check out Italian Postcards! I know she will have some awesome things for sale when the shop re-opens after vacation!

Ciao!

3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful story :) There is a girl in Paris that bought something from my shop and we email weekly now. I hope I get to meet her someday! (like I hope i get to go to Paris!) Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Etsy Friends, making the world a little smaller.
    Next there will be Etsy blind dates and then maybe an Etsy wedding. My family and I can't stop talking about how much fun we had! Please come to Italy so I can return the favor!
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this story!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Karin

    ReplyDelete